Ramadan (in Arabic: رمضان, Ramadān) is the ninth month of Islamic calendar. During the whole month, Muslims world-wide observe fast from sunrise to sunset. During the fast, no food or drink is consumed. Fasting during Ramadan is one of the Five Pillars (fundamental religious duties) of Islam. It is a time of self-examination and increased religious devotion.
Muslims are encouraged to be charitable during Ramadan. During Ramadan many Muslims donate to charity, organizing a collection or charity event, and other voluntary activities.
Two main meals are consumed while fasting days.
1. Suhoor – this meal is served before dawn also called pre fast meal.
2. Iftar – when day ends with a sunset, the maghrib prayer starts, and the day’s fast is broken with iftar. Traditionally Muslims breaks their fast by eating dates. Then the iftar starts. It is continued till the next suhoor meal.
This is continuously practiced throughout the Ramadan days and then at the end of month Eid al-Fitr is celebrated.
I have compiled some of the best iftar recipes from Rachna’s kitchen for Ramadan. Hope you like it.
Ramadan Mubarak !
4. Dahi vadey
7. Crispy honey chili potato fries
10. Chicken vindaloo
12. Mushroom Makhani
13. Restaurant style palak paneer
15. Shahi Mushroom dum biryani
17. Veg dum biryani
18. Tandoori Naan
20. Mango lassi
21. Kesar badam milk
22. Mango Mastani
23. Sweet Lassi
26. Rasmalai Recipe
27. Gulab Jamun
29. Chum chum
30. Pista kulfi
31. Kaju katli
32. Mango burfi
Fabulous collection of recipes…Great share…
Mouth watering! Amazing collection of recipes dear
Thank you dear
Robin Springer says
These recipes look LOVELY! Put a smile on my face big time 🙂 Thank you-
Yumm cnt wait to try them out … the mango burfi is my fav.. thanks for sharing
Thank you for sharing delicious Ramazan recipes.